So, we have all been there. A lot of us probably are there currently. We lack motivation for, literally, everything! Okay, maybe not everything, but a lot of things! However, the great thing is, we can regain our lost motivation. Here are a few strategies to recapture it!
* Set goals: Be sure they are realistic and achievable. Make them small to start.
* Establish rewards for progress toward your goal.
* Expect setbacks and when they happen, redirect and renew your energy toward your goals. DO NOT GIVE UP!
* Use the power of positive thinking and believe in yourself. Overcome discouragement.
* Tell others what you are trying to accomplish and seek support from loved ones.
* Learn to say no to options and distractions that deter you from your goal. Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
* Establish routine and regular exercise; meditation. Prayer or yoga, even if it is only 15 minutes a day to start. This will help you to cultivate discipline.
* Use positive imagery to help you achieve your goals. Imagine yourself as you will be and feel when your goal is achieved.
* Spend time reflecting or talking to others about what has stopped you from achieving your goals in the past.
* Post reminders and inspirational quotes in prominent places about what you want to achieve.
* Get professional help and support to overcome physical or mental roadblocks (depression and anxiety are just two examples) and to bolster your efforts, no matter how small they may seem.
* Practice extreme self-care. Good health is essential to positive thinking and feeling, which will take you a long way toward achieving your goals.
As always, if you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment with our office, please feel free to give us a call at 575-562-2211 or stop by the office, SAS 232.