Dear students, faculty, and staff:
We are seven weeks into the new academic year and things are going well. Take for example:
1. A 19th straight fall semester of growth. We almost hit 6,000 (5,946 actually), and this is another all-time enrollment record.
2. The fall semester athletic teams are off to a strong start. Football, volleyball, men and women’s cross country, men and women’s rodeo, and men and women’s soccer are all doing well. I encourage you to come out and watch our student-athletes compete against other schools.
3. Our fine arts programs are strong, as always. ENMU’s Greyhound Sound, theater performance, art exhibits, and choral concerts are off to a great start. Come out for a show or performance—you’ll enjoy it!
4. The new Greyhound Stadium is progressing well. It will be wonderful to have this multi-purpose facility available on campus. This is the last year for good old Blackwater Draw, and our first home football game in the new stadium will be in September 2016.
5. All of the above items are important, but there is nothing more important than what takes place in the classrooms of ENMU. This is where we meet our mission to provide the best educational experiences we can for all of our students.
To summarize, the 2015-16 school year is off and running. I am glad each of you is here to experience what should be a wonderful year.