Some fun Halloween ideas
Raspberry Jell-O worms
on a bed of chocolate doughnut crumbs
1 package (6 ounces) raspberry or grape flavor gelatin 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin or 3 tbsp. 3 cups boiling water 3/4 cup whipping cream 12 to 15 drops green food coloring
1. Combine gelatins in a bowl and add boiling water; stir until gelatins completely dissolve. Chill until lukewarm, about 20 min.
2. Meanwhile, gently pull straws to extend to full length; place in tall container. Wrap together with a loose rubber band to hold straws together.
3. Blend cream and food coloring with the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Carefully pour into container, filling straws.
4. Chill until gelatin is firm, at least 8 hours, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
5. Pull straws from container or, if you’re using a carton, simply tear the carton away from the filled straws. Pull straws apart. Run hot tap water for about 2 seconds over 3 to 4 straws at a time. Starting at the empty ends, push worms from straws with rolling pin, or use your fingers.
6. Add Chocolate Doughnut Crumbs for an even spookier treat.
Hot dog mummies
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
Condiments for dipping
Use a pizza cutter to slice pizza dough in thin rows.
Wrap around hotdog
Bake at 375 degrees for 14 minutes.
Guacamole puking pumpkin
2 ripe Hass avocados
2 tsp. lime juice
2 tbsp. cilantro (chopped)
¼ cup red onion (finely chopped)
½ jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
¼ tsp. kosher salt
Combine avocados, lime juice, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, and salt together.
Carve pumpkin to include mouth opening.
Place guacamole coming out of mouth.
Place chips around pumpkin.
- Compiled by Virginia Murray from bored panda.com
Halloween DIY decorating ideas
Halloween mason jar lanterns
Frosted glass spray paint
Twine or ribbon, stickers (optional)
Tea lights or candles
Step 1 – Clean the jars well so letters will stick easier.
Step 2 – Place letters on each jar then spray the entire jar with the frosted spray paint. Allow time to dry.
Step 3 – Carefully peel off the letters from the jar, be sure not to accidently scratch off any of the paint. Then decorate each jar to your liking with twin or ribbon.
Step 4 – Place tea lights/candle inside jar to give an illuminating effect.
BOO door sign
Wooden letters to spell out BOO
Orange tulle ribbon (optional, can use regular ribbon as well)
Wreath hanger or hook
Step 1 – Paint all letters in black paint, allow time to dry.
Step 2 – Use the orange tulle to tie together the letters so they hang vertical.
Step 3 – Use a wreath hanger or a command hook to secure to door.
Halloween monster wreath
4 feather boas
1 foam wreath
Purple and black pipe cleaners
Googly eyes in a variety of sizes
4-inch piece of ribbon
Step 1 – Wrap feather boas around wreath and use floral pins to hold in place.
Step 2 – Attach googly eyes to pipe cleaner using glue gun. Curl pipe cleaner around finger.
Step 3 – Attach eyes to wreath using floral pins.
Step 4 – Loop ribbon and attach to back of wreath with floral pins.
Step 5 – Hang on door.
- Compiled by Nicole Trujillo from Pinterest