Five Tips to be Prepared for a Zoom Meeting
The year 2020 has been stressful. The pandemic has put many events, conferences, and normal in-person occasions on hold. Luckily, we have created ways to get in touch even if we are not next to each other.
By now, many of us know about Zoom meetings; most people live by them. A Zoom meeting is one way many people use to visually contact one another through computers and cell phones. These are important for conferences and for students who have been moved online for class.
Here are five tips to help students get ready for their class Zoom meetings.
1. Know exactly when the Zoom meeting is going to start. This is important so students can be mentally and physically prepared to learn.
2. Have textbooks and notebooks close by. Even though class is online, it is still helpful for students to take notes or highlight a specific part in the textbook.
3. Mute your mic before the Zoom meeting starts. This is important so that background noise doesn’t distract the instructor or other classmates.
4. Make sure the camera is set properly and ready to go just in case the instructor wants them to be turned on. If there is a lot of movement in the background, students can change their backgrounds to their Zoom meeting, so others are not distracted. Here is a link on how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDBX7XyngRI
5. Have patience; lots of problems can occur in a Zoom meeting. The internet might have a problem, something might freeze, or the sound might not work. Do not stress about it. Email the instructor after the meeting and explain the situation. They will be able to help from there.